This video by Howard Rheingold discusses vernacular video, video created by non-professionals for the purpose of communicating casual ideas. It then looks at ways education can use this newly democratized tool to educate collaboratively.
- Social Media Classroom – Training wheels that don’t come off. (andremalan.net)
- #SMCEDU Chat: Are Students on Their Own to Learn Media Literacy? (socialmediaclub.org)
- New Media Literacies Skills For The 21st Century Digital Citizen (masternewmedia.org)
- Meeting Yourself on ChatRoulette (laughingsquid.com)
- J.D. Lasica on 21st Century Media Literacies with Howard Rheingold (howardgreenstein.com)