From white papers on post-pandemic best practices to reviews of university teacher training programs to evaluations of schools’ social emotional learning programs, The Learning Collective continued to expand its services and partnerships across eight states in 2022.
- Teamed with Central Michigan University and Venn Education to create a guide for 57 urban, suburban and rural Michigan schools on how to plan for the 2022-23 school year. Presented the white paper at the 2022 National Association of Charter School Authorizers conference.
- Led the renewal visits of 20 charter schools authorized by Chicago Public Schools, including cutting-edge examinations of schools’ social-emotional learning supports of its students and staff members.
- Began developing new metrics of high school accountability for a university-based charter authorizer.
- Led the strategic planning and curriculum selection at Academy of the City.
- Facilitated board retreats for charter school networks including Beginning with Children.
- Evaluated the teacher training program of the University of Holy Cross.
- Acted as the exclusive third-party reviewer of all groups applying to establish new schools with New Orleans Public Schools (NOLA PS) for the third consecutive year.
- Evaluated charter renewal applications for the SUNY Charter Schools Institute.