Despite, and in some respects because of, the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 was a very busy year for The Learning Collective. Our diverse clients and projects spanned ten states. We:
- Led the development of five-year goals for all public schools in the state of Tennessee through our partnership with the Tennessee State Board of Education.
- Conducted strategic and transition planning with independent charter schools Charter School of Inquiry and Academy of the City.
- Conducted third-party reviews of all groups applying to establish new schools with New Orleans Public Schools (NOLA PS) and led the Washington State Charter School Commission review teams evaluating new school applications in the state of Washington.
- Evaluated the full breadth of the educational services of a Texas school district as part of the Texas Legislative Budget Board team.
- Created protocols for San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools to evaluate the county’s charter schools.
- Developed protocols and rubrics for the SUNY Charter Schools Institute to evaluate remote learning.
- Modified Chicago Public Schools‘ protocols in order to evaluate the academic programs of charter schools then led the team conducting those evaluations.
- Evaluated fourteen California schools, six Chicago schools and three New York schools all providing remote learning as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.